Monday, September 25, 2006

And now you know...



... the rest of the story. Or maybe not if you didn't read my other half. (I'm workin' it. I'm workin the two blog thing - as if you couldn't tell!)

So, my cousin's husband goes: "I find it so funny how you have two active boys!" And I was like "Yeah, I always thought I'd have two, quiet little bookish girls..."

And it's true. They are a lot. Little energizer bunnies.... Always in competition with each other, and at the same time very fiercely loyal. It's always a learning experience to just watch.

But, I'm always thinking that - well - I'm a woman. I'm a woman, and not a horribly athletic or adventurous woman (well, not those sorts of outdoorsy, mountain climbing, heights jumping, tightrope walking sort of adventures.) And yes, of course they have a Dad... but let's face it - one night a week and every other weekend... not so much.

SO - very long way of saying that this past weekend was so nice because I realized how many MALE relatives I have, and how all my male relatives have GIRLS and how they LOVE to play with my BOYS! It was perfect!

My boys were thrown, rolled, karate kicked, ninja punched, boxed, summer saulted, and flipped for nearly two days straight. They call my mom's cousin "madman" (which I secretly think he likes!), love talking to my mom's brother about how he was a soldier, talking to my mom's other brother about tennis... etc, etc, etc

Just kinda drove home the whole "It Takes a Village" idea... made me appreciate my family all the more and saved me a few ninja bruises, as well!

No comments: