Thursday, September 14, 2006

Thirteen Reasons Why I Love My Job
1…. I have direct contact with the people I work with.
2.... My job is to help an individual, not a company, organization, or bottom line.
3.... I work with people who are just as vested as I am.
4.... Every day is different.
5.... I get to go into different homes, and have a window in to all sorts of different lives.
6.... I hear stories of great strength and fortitude from people who have lived long, long lives.
7.... I hear stories of incredible sadness, and know that if there is any way possible, and if they will let me, I can (try to) help.
8.... That when I can't help I have a group of supportive peers who help me understand that I've done all I can.
9.... I hear stories about New York City, and how it was fifty, sixty, seventy years ago.
10.... I feel really young. :)
11.... It's a chance not to think about myself, my issues, and my problems and worry about others.
12.... I don't get paid well. (Just checking to see if you're paying attention!)
13.... I put so much time and effort into graduate school... and went through so many crappy and inappropriate jobs... that it's just so great to find where I fit.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


No comments: