Thursday, May 10, 2007

It's happening.

I'm getting old.

I know, I know... it happens. Heck, I work with senior citizens - of course I know it happens! But shhhhh...... it's something that happens to other people! Not me!!

I've been very lucky - I look young, no grey hairs, no wrinkles (to speak of. Well, I don't check ok?!?!) etc. And ok, so in the last year or so my eyesight has been going. Like I can't see at all when my eyes are tired, or there's dim lighting. And my eyesight has always been perfectly perfect.

But now this is something else.

I went to the Dr a week or so ago (my OB) and then yesterday I had an ultra sound. I had been having these pains in what I felt to be my right ovary. First I thought it was just ovulation pains... but then it just didn't go away. So, I did what any normal person would do. I freaked out. I caled my ob & went in for her to take a look.

She found nothing, but sent me for the ultra sound (yesterday). The ultra sound also found nothing.

So I asked them: "ok, there's nothing - so what is causing the pain? How can there be pain and be nothing there?!?!" Their response is: "sometimes there's just pain."

Then it dawned on me: This is Old People's Pain! When you get older you just start having these pains... and now I have one, too! (and I've been trying to hold this back - but you know that this pain is of course in addition to the two pains who are oftentimes my children! Hee, hee, hee! Ok. I said it.)

Then something else happened. When I was in the ultra sound room I told the technician how I used to come there when I was pregnant w/the kids. She asked how long ago & I was like "oh, 7 and 5 years ago..." She goes "oh, I bet the technology has changed a lot since then." Since Then?!?!? What are you talking about?!? My kids are young!! This wasn't a long time ago! It was yesterday!!!!

And again. I felt old. I'm a "since then." I was pregnant seven friggin' years ago - which never seemed like a long time... but now it's "since then" and new technologies have come up and my pregnancy was ages and ages ago... and.... and... time is passing....ergo I am....Old.

It was a very eventful ultra-sound.

No comments: