Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...

Yes. My new (about three months) wonderful, 26 year old babysitter is pregnant. She told me yesterday. She is five months pregnant and has been feeling fine. She is very happy about it. The father is involved, she has lots of family support, and feels she is the right age.

She says she will continue working until the last day, and plans to come back after. Her family owns a day care that takes new born babies, so she sees no problem. I told her well... let's see how you feel - because oftentimes it's totally different after the baby is born...

I'm not upset, anxious, angry, nervous... or anything. (I don't even want to go into how much the kids like this sitter and how I so do not want to have to put them through getting used to another one!!) I know I have the other (16 year old) sitter to fill in (who actually told me that if it doesn't work out with the current one how she would love to come back). She won't be good for a permanent sitter... but definitely for maternity leave & until I find one... If I need to.) I'm honestly... well... a bit freaked out because it just seems like so much has been happening.

I'm not a drama seeker. I like routine. I like calmness. I like knowing what to expect. Some people need - crave constant excitement. Nope. Not me. A nice boring life with a little bit of fun vacations and diversions thrown into the mix. That's me.

Is this what life is, or doesn't it seem like I've been getting a wee bit more than my fair share lately?

1 comment:

Gwen said...

A, when have you NOT had your fair share? Perhaps you should decide this constant upheaval and stress is your new reality.

Wait, that wasn't helpful, was it?