Sunday, July 23, 2006

Weekend in the 'burbs


So, spent the weekend out at my parents' house with the kids. The idea in going out there was to give the kids another chance to play out in the pool, and the slip n' slide. Plus my friend H. and her daughter were going to come over to play with us...

So, we all went out there & of course the weather was crappy. We pretty much hung out inside, although we went out when the weather broke for a bit & hunted for frogs...

Then we went out for dinner Saturday & I got my favorite food: Lobster. I had been dying for one; so asked my dad if we could go to a place where I could get one - that I would pay - but really wanted it...

Well, Max was sosososo excited that I was getting a lobster he cuoldn't stand it! "You're getting a lobster? Really? When? Where is it?" Then it came. "WOW! LOOK AT THAT! Let me touch that antenna? Can I crack it? When are you going to crack it? Is that a leg? Do you eat that part? Are you cracking it now? Look at that eye? When are you cracking it? I want to crack it!! Let me pull that antenna! NATHAN!! I"M CRACKING IT!!!

No joke. He was all over that thing like a rash. Keeping up a running commentary the entire time, plus just kinda ...... lingering over it. Finger here, hand here, tying the antenna into a knot... I started off very understanding and feeling very proud of my kind maternal self.... but by the end: "MOM! YOU HURT MY WRIST WHEN YOU GRABBED MY HAND! I THINK YOU BROKE IT!!"

So now I'm waiting for Child Protective Services to come take me away.

No comments: