Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Swing on a star...

Sometimes it's just amazing to me just how many mood swings I can go through in a day. Even without PMS! (Although.... hang on.....ok. Maybe a little bit of PMS - but still!)

Woke up this morning with that anxious feeling in the pit of my stomach. I had emailed X the day before, telling him that if he's living with his girlfriend I would like more for child support because 1) He will not be spending as much; 2) I will need to hire a sitter if he cannot take the children on Wednesdays.

So I was a little anxious about hearing back from him. I don't usually take the bull by the horns like that... you know - take the aggressive/assertive stance.

Then he sends me back this email - telling me how he will not pay more than $300 for child care (after Sept 2007) will only pay $500 per chlld for camp, etc, etc, etc.

Well, it totally knocked me for a loop. What am I going to do? How am I going to deal with this? I CAN'T deal with it... I'm just going to have to get a lawyer...

Then I'm out, walking to a client, and I realize: Hey - we've already drafted an agreement. WHat he wants are CHANGES. *I* am in the power seat. He wants changes to the status quo and it is up to me to grant them. Or not. OR - if I don't, it is up to HIM to hire an attorney...

If I want, I can fight him about getting more - but at this point I don't think I have to worry about getting anything less. I'm not sure if a draft of an agreement is enforceable.... but if he starts just doing his own thing in terms of payments... well, even he would know that's not Kosher.

So, by the time I get back to my office, I'm feelin' kinda good. I mean, really -- my life right now *is* so good. I love my job. I love my boyfriend. I love my kids. I have good friends, I do fun things. I make a difference.

Now if only somebody would come with a bag of oranges & tend to X... things would be nearly perfect.

No comments: