Monday, February 11, 2008

Just stuff...

So I was talking to X, asking him about his summer plans - so I could figure out the boys' camp schedule & I said "My mom told me that [your fiance] said that you guys are getting married end of August, right?" To which X replies.... "Well, nothing is concrete yet." Huh? So your fiance spent most of Nathan's party talking about this wedding... mentioned inviting us, your family & "nothing is concrete yet?" I didn't say that. I DID say: "Oh. Well. Ok. This is your thing." Oh my. That poor woman.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I have political arguments with my son. Max is very pro-Obama. And while I'm not against him, I just feel a bit more comfortable with Hilary. I feel like she's just been around a bit more - but I would most definitely be very very happy with Obama as our President.. When I ask Max why he wants Obama he says: "Well, I feel that Hilary will just be a copy of Bill. She won't have her own ideas." (I asked X if he's said this & he claims that he hasn't.) Today I said to Max: "Ok, you have only given me anti-Hilary reasons. Give me a Pro-Obama reason. Why should you/I vote for him - not why NOT TO vote for Hilary." And he said "Well, it would be cool to have the first African American president. And he seems like a nice guy."

You know - not such bad reasons.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The boys told me that their old sitter - the Brazilian one - watched them when they went to the bathroom. They told me this morning. Stopped me dead in my tracks. Apparently she would, on occasion, open the bathroom door when they were in there & tease them. I don't think it happened a lot. But enough. Enough for them to say to me that she did this. Enough for them to feel like that is what she WAS doing, even if it was innocently to check to make sure they were ok. I asked if she ever touched their privates - they said no. I (oh so VERY firmly) told them that if this EVER happens again with ANYBODY that they were to tell me - because how could I help them if I don't know.

Oy.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I'm starting Nutri-System. Again. You know, I lost all this weight over the summer... but the stress started in Sept - and now I'm the heaviest I think I've ever been - (barring pregnancy.) It's scary. I don't know if it's this age thing, or what - but I'm finding it really difficult to lose. Or even not to gain! I started with Weight Watchers.. but you know - I need more structure. Nutri-System was so good because not only does it give you the exact meals. but it has a check list for breakfast/lunch/dinner & two snacks. So you know exactly what to eat. When. I need it like that. I have too many other things on my mind... this has to be easy. So, I should get the box o'food sometime within the next week or so... I'll keep ya' posted.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

4 comments:

Family Adventure said...

Poor fiancee, indeed. The lines o communication are already messed up...

Just goes to say that you were so right to get a new babysitter. She was just too weird...hope there are no more unpleasant blasts from the past...

Good luck with NS - I have to do something, too, but I'm waiting until I return to Canada. Can't do it here - too much yummy chocolate. Let me know how you do.

Heidi

Gwen said...

Yeah, Amy, it's not you, it's X. Boy is troubled.

Love Max's political thoughts; he's a smart little cookie.

Diets--hate them. Hope yours works this time!

Julie Pippert said...

GL with the diet!

Bravo to Max for caring about politics (and you for encouraging him!).

And the X and the wedding. Oy.

Triple oy about the sitter. I wonder how much nervousness those boys had with her, since it's taken a few weeks for the stories to start trickling out. I'm glad it was nothing tragic, but she must have made them edgy, the line, you know, where you feel uncomfortable but can't pinpoint it. You had it, I bet your smart boys did too.

Sometimes kids mistake things as approval or endorsement, KWIM?

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the NutriSystem... I'm back on WW (again)... have been for 5 weeks and have lost 12 lbs so far... I do love WW because it's regular food -- and this time my mom and sisters and I are all doing it together... We are like a Biggest Loser team, and it's really helpful to have the support. I'm always curious about he NutriSystem food, though... let me know how you like it!