Saturday, June 24, 2006

Since we're talking about weight...


Well, we were - kinda - were'nt we? The X sent over yesterday a bag of Pineapple Lumps yesterday. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned the favorite LUMPS before - but not even sure which blog. I love Pineapple Lumps. (Did I say that? Is that already evident?)

Ok - I should get to the point already. X phoned yesterday morning, asking if I'd make one of the kids breakfast & mentioning that his mom had sent over a bag o' lumps. (X is from NZ - family lives in NZ) so I grabbed the ball and ran with it! (Is that the correct sporting analogy?) I'll make the lunch, you send over some lumps. He agreed & when I thought he'd just be sending a few, he sent over an entire BAG.

Put 'em in the freezer -- but I tell you I cannot, cannot, cannot and cannot stay away.
it's horrible. Just when I really want to try to watch what I'm eating (reference previous post) I have the lumps. And the thing is, I generally have good will power, but this.... they have some sort of pull over me, or something.... I keep getting drawn back to the freezer....

I guess my only hope is that I"ll just eat them all in a day - then they'll be gone - then that'll be it. And I will be transformed into a walking pineapple lump.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

But don't forgive him just for sending over the lumps. In fact, you should be pissed that he--the man who was always so critical of your body--is trying to undermine your healthy eating habits! (lol)

I totally understand the freaking about a couple of pounds. On Monday, I missed a workout--just too busy--and I was like, okay, I can't eat the rest of the day. I know it's sick, but that doesn't so much help me not feel that way.

I read this article recently that said that people who weigh themselves every single day have a better chance of maintaining weight loss than people who don't. So at least I can feel better about that particular obsession.

MyThreeBlogs said...

It's true - he used to tell me I should get liposuction... I should suck off the two pounds of fat & send them to him. COD.

OK. THat was gross. Sorry.

And I've heard that, too. I vary going by the actual weight, or how my clothes fit. Both are annoying, since I have some pants that won't fit the day before my period... so...