Thursday, August 10, 2006

It's been a long time...

And SO much has happened... let's see... Well - took the kids for their yearly check up. Both are (knock on wood) healthy. Max is still solidly 50th percentile and Nathan is still below the curve... but following it exactly. Actually, his doctor said that since the bone x-ray of his hand showed that he had the bone age of a two year old, and that his height/weight is the same as a two year old's... that it's good. They say that it means he will probably have a "spurt" at some point...

BUT - for the first time Nathan actually said something to me about being "little." and how he goes to the doctor to help him get big. He also said that kids in his class tell him that he is "little." (But then also tells me stories about how the "girls" gang up on him and beat him up.. which upon talking to his teachers I found out is entirely untrue...) But it got me thinking about how his height might start to impact him... and when/if do you think about the hormone shots?!?

Then I said to Max: "I think I'll ask the doctor about bedwetting -to see if she has any ideas..." And he responded quickly with: "NO! NO Way! I'll be embarrassed!!!" (he's only 6!) So I promised I wouldn't... but of course the Dr. brought it up and Max shot me DAGGERS!

Then there's the exciting bit about Max's old sitter going out with Max, Nathan and the X last weekend. They didn't want to tell me at first - the kids - but when I asked point blank, Max told me... THe thing is, I totally don't trust her. I can totally imagine her saying something to them like "Don't tell your mom that we spent time together..." So, told the X & after a bit of ... ahem... discussion - he agreed.

I have a very strong feeling that this will never die...

Why won't this let me upload any photos?!?

No comments: