Tuesday, August 28, 2007

And for good measure...

My new sitter just quit. Actually, can somebody quit before they even start? I sent her an email asking about sick/vacation days & she emailed back that she and her husband are starting fertility treatments... and she's very sorry...

And I know she is. Sorry. BUT NOT AS SORRY AS I AM!!!!

SHIT.

So, I contacted my second choice to see if she could send me some references... of course I interviewed her over two weeks ago - so she might be working somewhere else already...

If not.. maybe I'll go with the high school girl? I don't know. Is 16 too young? It's only four hours a day....

And... if I could continue in the frame of mind I was in before (previous post) how unfair is it that I have to deal with all this shit. X gets the kids four days a month. That's it. He deals with none of the stresses, doesn't worry about missing work, doesn't get woken up 3 times a night...

Ack. Sorry. Very obviously in one of those "Feeling Sorry for Self" moods... and like I said (previous post) sometimes it just hits. Most of the time I'm just used to it. And honestly... it wasn't much better when he was here...but

This sitter thing just f-ing sucks.



(And kia ora to my Kiwi reader!)

2 comments:

OhTheJoys said...

That sounds hard. I hope it works out well and SOON!!

Anonymous said...

Ugh. Double ugh. That really sucks. I'm so sorry... let me know if you want me to post something in my laundry room... and also check at A&J's pizza -- there was a bulletin board there with a lot of people advertising. Good luck!!

And was I dreaming or did I read that you are dog-sitting or something for X? Because.... you really OWE him one? You're too nice....