Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Rainrainrainrainrainrain


It has been rainingrainingrainingrainingraining here in the NYC area. I mean, it's just crazy. As one of my clients might say "Enough, already!"

Yesterday I overheard two of the clients talking, and one said to the other: "You know, my mother always said, if it rains on Shavous, it will rain for 40 days...." Can't say I really like that thought.

I mean, the city was in total chaos Friday -- from that snap rain storm. Sure, there was a lot of rain in a relatively short period of time - but you would think that the subway system has been exposed to that before.... Virtually everything came to a standstill.

Now there's more today, and tomorrow, and the next day, and the next... I think until Sunday. And before we know it - the summer will be over.

Yes. Ok. A bit much. But I'm sick of this rain.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Okay, I have to say it: what is up with New Yorkers and rain? Last time I was there, it rained the whole weekend and you would have thought The Day After Tomorrow had actually occurred. It's just a little water, people. Maybe you all need some good old fashioned Midwestern backbone.

Amusing myself.

MyThreeBlogs said...

Ow, my NY backbone is aching from all this rain...